I actually saw these around Pinterest and traced them back to the amazing Lauren from Lauren’s Latest, of course she rocks! I made a few small adjustments and they were just as good as she promised.
I made a batch of these for our annual holiday get together with my hubby’s side of the family and they were a big hit. Well a little more than a hit, haha. Seriously I suggest snatching one of these before you serve because these were gone in under 10 minutes .
They are a perfect little bite, enjoy.
- 1 package mushrooms (I used white button but you can use Baby Bella, etc)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened (I use Nuefchatel Cheese)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅛ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Dried Basil*
- Garlic Powder – to taste
- Red Pepper flakes – to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup finely diced Pepperoni (I used Turkey Pepperoni)
- 2 Tbs diced Black Olives
- 2 Tbs Finely Diced Tomatoes (seeded and patted dry)
- Wipe down mushrooms with damp paper towel
- Pop out stems and set aside
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Mix cream cheese and all seasonings together
- Mix in all the diced ingredients and mix in
- Spoon mixture into each cap
- Spray a cookie sheet and place the mushrooms on it
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Broil for 5 minutes to brown tops and serve immediately.