I really call these cookies “Grinch Chip Cookies” in my house in honor of the season and one of my favorite holiday movies.
I wanted to share these first in honor of my dear friend Franny (aka Cookie) who is a serious Mint/Chocolate girl. Also I know as the holiday draws near you may feel a sense of panic at a party or get together or work function where you need to bring something and cannot see squeezing in one more thing. These cookies are the answer.
They are super easy to prepare, holiday friendly green and a sure crowd pleaser. You can literally use any old chocolate cookie recipe you like best and with a tiny bit of holiday cooking magic you have a new twist on an old favorite. Merry Christmas (if you celebrate) everyone. Be good to one another as well as yourself. XOXO Nicole
- Your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (I literally used the one on the chocolate chip bag:)
- 1 tsp Pure Peppermint extract
- 10-12 drops of Green Food Coloring
- Follow instructions for your cookies
- Before the final blending add the Peppermint extract and the food coloring.
- Bake as directed