There are few things more perfect than a perfectly ripe Mango in the culinary world. I adore Mango and I am always looking to use them in new and exciting ways. I must say I am also content to just eat them all by themselves which is my favorite way.
These waffles were slightly adapted from the Blueberry waffles from Liv Life. I am tempted to play around a little more and add some toasted coconut as well. These make a great base recipe if by some chance you *gasp* don’t like Mango. They were light and fluffy really wonderful. My tiny taste testers were both really pleased so that is good enough for me.
- 1¼ cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup White Whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbs Ground Flax Meal
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1⅔ Cup Milk (I suggest Coconut)
- 2 Tbs Sugar, Brown Sugar or honey
- 3 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Champagne Mangoes (or one regular one)
- Wash, peel and chop up both Mangoes (set one aside for garnish).
- In a large bowl add the flours (you can use only All Purpose if you like), flax meal, baking powder and salt and whisk.
- In another bowl add milk, sugar (or honey) and oil. Lightly beat egg separately then add to milk and combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until incorporated. Add the mango and gently stir in - do not over mix
- Follow directions on your waffle maker.
- Use the rest of the diced .mango to top your waffles