Mike has been taking photos for the blog in the morning for the past few months for lighting purposes. It feels a little funny making dinner first thing in the morning!
When I saw this on Steamy Chicken it was love at first sight. I have long wanted to make a dish with a combination of mango and curry here but was looking for something a little out of the ordinary.
Then in walked this dish and I knew it was for me.
I love the mixture of the depth of the curry and the sweetness of the mango in this dish. Let me not forget to mention the slightly garlicky butter pan sauce that really makes this special. I personally may add a bit of extra heat with a little cayenne next time. Give this a try and I promise you will not be sorry!
- 4 Pieces of chicken (I used thighs)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Curry (your favorite)
- Fresh ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Small mango peeled and diced into large chunks
- 1 Tbs finely minced parsley
- Wash the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Rub with a drizzle of Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Curry, Black Pepper and Sea Salt to both sides
- Heat a pan (must have a lid for it) on medium high heat and add a drizzle of oil (roughly 1½ Tbs).
- When oil is heated add butter and when it begins to froth add chicken skin side down.
- Keep on medium high heat until the skin is golden.
- While chicken in cooking take your garlic cloves unpeeled and smash then down with your knife and remove skin.
- Add garlic to the pan.
- Lower heat to medium low so chicken is just sizzling still and cover pan
- Cook chicken for about 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turning once halfway through.
- Remove chicken and put aside covered in foil tent (I used a small pan on low heat to keep warm).
- Turn heat high and add wine to what is left in pan and allow to bubble up
- Use a spatula to scrape up any bits and garlic and reduce heat to medium.
- Add parsley and Mango and stir together.
- Simmer for about a minute and taste test and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.