Hello foodie friends! I have missed sharing properly with you all so much. Making the transition to working in Crisis Counseling over a year ago now and trying to balance work and life has been a challenge. Although I have not abandoned the kitchen it has been difficult to blog properly.
I am hoping to be back much more regularly from now on. I am starting you off with a very simple recipe I think you will enjoy. This Coconut Almond Butter is very versatile, tasty and so easy to make, no need to buy it. Feel free to add spices such as Chai seasoning. Enjoy.
- 2 cups Raw Almonds (I roasted mine in the oven)
- 1Tbs Coconut Oil
- ¾ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Cinnamon (to taste) *Optional
- Roast the almonds carefully in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes
- Cool Almonds and add salt and cinnamon (if using)
- Add to food processor and blend till smooth
- Add Coconut Oil and process to incorporate.