In the spirit of a heart healthy start to the New Year I decided to do something with Oatmeal. I also heard that January was Oatmeal month, so it was decided.
I have wanted to try my hand at Granola for a long time and decided what better time than now.
This Granola is a combination of some of my favorite flavors – Dried Cherries always make me happy and Pistachios are quite a delight in my book. This is a very simple and easy to make recipe I made the slightest adaptions to from Zoe. It is really versatile, it can be a topping for yogurt or mixed into a fruit salad for a great start to the day.
As my brand new 4 year old sous chef declared to her baby brother “It’s our favorite and we can put it on yogurt!”
- 3Tbs Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 2½ cups Old Fashioned Oats
- ⅓ Cup Pistachios
- ½ Cup Dried Cherries
- A few sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix together the Maple Syrup and Honey and heat over low heat till melted together then set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients except cherries in a bowl.
- Stir then add Maple/Honey mixture and toss till coated.
- Place the mixture on a lightly sprayed cooking sheet evenly across the pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes, being careful to check in a few times to toss and make sure not to over cook.
- Let cool, add cherries and store in an airtight container.