This weekend was just what I needed to recharge the batteries. I have not had “girl time” without little ones in far too long with my “besties”. We finally got a date on the calendar that did not get conflicted with due to bad weather or any other unforeseen obstacle. We spent the night away laughing and catching up and just basking in our love and history.
There is something that only happens when you are with old true friends. It is magical in a way that makes anything you do together seem like the best of times. It is just so freeing to be with people who love you through everything and even manage to still like you just the same no matter what. I am so very blessed to have these ladies in my life. They are sisters to me as much as my biological ones.
Now on to the recipe at hand. This is a really refreshing and versatile salad. You could use it as a side dish with Indian food or so many other cuisines. I made a Indian style “Taco” with Naan bread and it was really good. It is light and refreshing and a great way to use up those garden tomatoes.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro (1/2 cup)
- Finely chop and remove seeds from the tomatoes
- Chop onions, cilantro, cucumber and chili and add to a large bowl
- In a separate bowl add juice from the limes and season with salt, pepper and sugar
- Combine the liquid with the salad
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour.